US Air Force

F-22s pulled from Super Bowl flyover after reassignment for operational missions

While it is unclear if they are needed for a possible American attack on Iran, this type of aircraft participated in the US's Operation Midnight Hammer in June of last year.

A US Air Force F-22 Raptor fighter jet climbs after taking off from the former Roosevelt Roads naval base, after the U.S. struck Venezuela and captured its President Nicolas Maduro and his wife Cilia Flores, in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, January 4, 2026.
An F/A-18F Super Hornet, assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 41, prepares to make an arrested landing on the flight deck of the US Navy Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Pacific Ocean August 10, 2024.

US seeks to prevent further Iranian harrasment of ships in Gulf - analysis

Tehran MP Mojtaba Zarei; illustrative.

Iranian MP threatens US bases, urges Jordanians to seize control of air base amid rising tensions

A US Airman attaches a GBU-31 munitions system to an F-15E Strike Eagle in the US Central Command area of responsibility, December 19, 2025, in support of Operation Hawkeye Strike as the US military launched large-scale strikes against dozens of Islamic State targets in Syria.

CENTCOM announces air force readiness exercise amid growing Iran tensions


US moving B-2 stealth bombers toward Guam, American officials confirm

One official said no forward orders had been given yet to move the bombers beyond Guam. They did not say how many B-2 bombers are being moved.

 The U.S. Air Force B-2 bomber "Spirit of Oklahoma" is refueled in-flight over Eastern Washington state, April, 27, 2002 while participating in "Northern Edge," Alaska's largest annual joint training exercise.

Iran preparing to strike US bases across Middle East if Trump joins war, NYT reports

Over 40,000 American troops have been put on high alert at bases throughout the region, the New York Times reported.

A man wears a US veteran-themed shirt, as smoke rises in the distance, following an Israeli attack on the IRIB building, the country's state broadcaster, in Tehran, Iran, June 16, 2025

Qatar insists Trump administration initiated free plane transfer to US - report

Trump allegedly told reporters in the Oval Office: “[I] got a beautiful big magnificent free airplane for the United States Air Force. Very proud of that.”

 Illustrative image of President Donald Trump and Qatar's Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani.

US struggling to contain Yemen as Houthis down MQ-9 drones - report

The US initially hoped to establish air superiority over Yemen within 30 days of launching the campaign, the report noted.

Protesters, mainly Houthi supporters, mark the annual al-Quds Day on the last Friday of Ramadan, in Sana'a, Yemen, March 28, 2025

US unveils future fighter jet: Boeing to produce the F-47

The US's new F-47, built by Boeing, will be the first sixth-generation fighter jet. Trump announced Boeing's win after intense competition with leading companies.

F-35: The latest advanced model

US Air Force strikes several areas of Houthi-controlled Yemeni capital Sana'a

US jets struck several areas of Sana'a only one day after it attacked a Houthi fuel port in the north of the country.

Smoke rises after Israeli strikes near Sana'a airport, in Yemen, December 26, 2024

US Senate confirms Trump pick Caine as top US military officer

The Senate confirmed retired Lt. Gen. Dan Caine as Joint Chiefs chairman after Trump fired Gen. Brown, sparking concerns over loyalty and precedent.

 US-Präsident Donald Trump spricht zu Reportern an Bord der Air Force One vor der Ankunft auf der Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, USA, 27. Januar 2025.

„Nichts auf der Welt kommt an ihn heran“: USA enthüllen F-47-Kampfjet

„Ich freue mich sehr, bekannt zu geben, dass die US-Luftwaffe auf meine Anweisung hin den weltweit ersten Kampfjet der 6. Generation auf den Weg bringt“, sagte Trump im Weißen Haus.

 (Illustrativ) Das neueste Modell des F-47-Kampfjets.

US strikes Houthi targets in Hodeidah in western Yemen - report

The last time US strikes against the Yemen-based terror group were reported was late last March.

Protesters, mainly Houthi supporters, hold weapons to mark the annual al-Quds Day on the last Friday of Ramadan, in Sana'a, Yemen, March 28, 2025

US launches strikes against Houthi targets in Yemen, CENTCOM confirms

Houthi-affiliated source Al-Masirah claimed that one civilian was killed and four others were wounded in the city of Saada.

 Missiles are fired into the sky for an alleged operation against Yemen's Houthis at an unidentified location in this screengrab taken from a handout video released on March 18, 2025.